Friday, June 5, 2009

Sleep

Lucas decided he didn't need a nap today. Despite what me and Tim thought :) Lucas often decides he doesn't need a nap these days. He asked to watch a movie tonight after we put Gwendolyn to bed. And since he's not feeling very well (allergies), I let him. (Usually we go and play in the back yard for a good long while, then read books before bed) He was sitting so quietly next to me. I looked over a few minutes after the movie started and he was keeled over to the side, quietly snoring. At 7:15. Awesome! It's typically a colorful challenge to put Lucas to bed by 9:30. Now, the question is - just how early will he be up tomorrow morning? Hopefully not before the sun. :) My rule for the kids' wake-up time is that is has to be after sunrise. I just don't much care for getting up when it's still dark out. This works soo well during the winter. It turns out the sun comes up really early in the summer time... I think I might go look up the earliest sun rise date for the year.
5:15 AM... early.... But it looks like on June 20th, the sun will start rising later again. A light at the end of the tunnel. Or would it be a sleepy darkness at the end of the tunnel? For now, I will get the coffee maker ready.

No comments: