Saturday, June 20, 2009

Little girl

I think it may be time to cut Lucas's hair. I have heard several comments in the last few days about my 'little girl' And they weren't about Gwendolyn. They were about Lucas.
I don't know why people are so willing to think he is a girl. He's just about always dressed in blue and something truck/boat/plane. His hair isn't even *that* long.
Maybe a haircut won't help. When he was smaller, I always had his hair buzz cut and still people thought he was a girl.
Our last hair cutting experience didn't go well, to say the least. (I cut his hair) After I snipped one little patch, he told me he was done and tried to walk away. I told him he needed to have the rest of his hair cut and gave him the choice of doing it at that time or waiting and doing it later. He shrieked at the top of his lungs, fell on the floor and kicked... And this was after begging for a haircut for days.
I'm not really looking forward to another haircutting incident. And I like his hair longer, anyways. It's so sweet and soft and blonde and starts to curl.
Maybe I could just make him a few shirts that say 'I'm a boy' Or simply 'Boy' Hmmm.. That might clear up the confusion and save his hair :)

No comments: