Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Family fun

Today was Family Fun day at Tim's work. It really was fun! They grilled hotdogs and hamburgers. And they had snow cones. ANd lots of cool bounce house things for the kids to jump in. Lucas had so much fun jumping around! His favorite activity lately has been jumping in bed, so the bouncey things were an extra special treat for him. Even Gwendolyn liked crawling around in them. It was too funny to watch her try to crawl and keep tipping over when Lucas bounced by. And, of course, there were fork lifts driving by beeping. The kids LOVE machines! It was oh so enjoyable to get to jump around while watching machines :)
(I'm not sure I've ever blogged about it, but I think most of you know that Tim works at a WalMart distribution center- hence the forklifts driving by)
It's so happy that Tim works for such a family friendly company. All of the upper management for the facility was there thanking us for coming. And telling stories about their kids. It's nice that they actually appreciate family participation.
On a completely unrelated note - we went to story time this morning. And I think I like it less and less. Gwendolyn crawls around and menaces on things. Or screams when I gently encourage her to sit with Lucas and me. And Lucas mostly stares off into space or talks to me about something completely unrelated to what we're doing. Or gets up and walks off... I'm debating not going anymore. But the kids love seeing other kids there. And Lucas always seems so excited about story time and asks to go into the story time room every time we go to the library. But now it's on a day that Tim is off of work (we used to go to keep us busy while Tim was working). So it's kind of lacking to get up and rush out the door in the morning to go somewhere that I don't really like going. Ack. Who knows. We'll probably keep going. But I might have to whine about it.

No comments: