Sunday, June 28, 2009

Logistics

Lucas is now old enough to play with teeny tiny swallowable and dangerous things. Like magnets. He can usually resist the temptation to lick things. Gwendolyn cannot. So I'm looking for a way to store Lucas's swallowable toys that he can still easily get to them, but Gwendolyn can't. Oh, and a place for him to work. Because she now enjoys standing on the art table. Hmm...
We went out for a walk this morning. It was great!! We haven't been out walking much since the warm weather has come because there's just an awful lot of attack dogs that run free around here... We haven't really seen any of them lately, so we're venturing out again. Woohoo!! We love going for walks!! Gwendolyn sat in her stroller and cooed the whole time. And Lucas walked along with me. It was a pretty short walk - maybe a half of a mile? But it was starting to get hot and I forgot to bring water with for the kids. oops! After we got home we played in the driveway for a while. I got out a bucket of water and some towels for the kids to clean off their outdoor toys with (it's a favorite past time around here - I have no idea why) And instead of playing with a wet towel, Gwendolyn dumped the bucket of water out and scooted around on the wet driveway :) It somehow didn't occur to me to put them in swimsuits before I gave them a bucket of water. Live and learn! They both had so much fun this morning. And are happilly napping. Tired kids are SOOO enjoyable!!
In other news: Gwendolyn is trying so hard to drink from a sippy cup. And she almost can. Almost. But not quite. She is having such a hard time with the concept of tipping the cup up to drink. She tries to suck on it like a straw. Lucas had the exact same problem. I got him a few thermoses with straws. And they worked wonderfully. But were nearly impossible to find. All of his are lost or missing parts. Ack. I'm hoping Gwendolyn will get drinking out of a regular sippy cup soon or I'm going to have to start looking for another thermos (did I mention they're also ridiculously expensive, when you can find them). Oh, and she *can* drink out of a regular cup with help. But she's a very independent tiny person. When she tries on her own, she dumps the whole cup of water in her face, screams, and won't go near a cup for a few weeks.. So I'm looking for a better alternative :)

No comments: