Friday, July 24, 2009

New words

Lucas has been talking so much lately, which is awesome!! He was such a late talker, but I think he has finally caught up with where he should be. And he has been adding some entertaining new words to his vocabulary:
fantastic
abstract
perfect
deserve
special
treat
And he uses them all properly, in context. The last three are often used together. As in 'I deserve a special treat.' I love it!! And it's so hard to argue with. He's such a sweet, well behaved boy- he usually does deserve a special treat :)

And little tiny Gwendolyn talks an amazing amount already! She says:
Mama (her first word!)
Daddy
Mel (Lucas's nickname - tho Lucas insists she can say his real name, too)
Heide (aunt)
Dan (uncle)
Rod (our neighbor)
hi
bye
cat
dog
monkey
bowl
bottle
'a' (yup, the letter)
book
baby

I know she says more than that, but it's all that I can think of for now :) These are all words that she uses consistently and seems to attach the right meaning to. It's all sorts of awesome that she can say so much already! It amazes me that I have an 11 month old walking, talking girl :)

No comments: