Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Breakfast




Lucas peeling bananas and putting them into the blender















Gwendolyn playing with each measuring cup and bowl that we finish using :) She licked each one clean.












We made a nice homemade breakfast this morning. Super healthy banana pancakes. (the recipe is below) Lucas made them almost completely by himself. The only thing he needed help with was measuring and cooking. He found all of the ingredients, blended, poured and mixed them :) I was amazed at just how much he was able to do himself. I was able to carry Gwendolyn around and sing them happy songs while Lucas actually made breakfast. It was great!! And he was so happy to be able to cook for us.


Check out this blog on Sunday to see what other kids are making :) Susana is hosting a blog carnival, so link up if you have any fun ideas!
Photobucket



Super healthy banana pancakes
3 cups coarsely ground oat flour (I ran out of whole wheat flour, so I just blended some oats)
1/4 cup coarsely ground flax seeds
3 ripe bananas
1 cup spinach
water

blend the bananas and spinach together with enough water to get a smooth, liquid consistency.
mix puree with oat flour and flax seeds.
cook like regular pancakes.

They are super easy to make, taste great and are super healthy - a winning combination around here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try these yummy, healthy pancakes! Great idea having the kids help make breakfast!
Mom

Chantel said...

I bet Dad will love them! hahaha!

Susana said...

I have never tried banana pancakes. We are actually having pancakes for dinner tonight (we do breakfast for dinner quite often on Sundays) and I have lots of bananas--we will try these:-)!

Thanks for linking up and sharing this yummy recipe too!!

Andrea said...

These look good! D@rn, I forgot to get pancake mix at the store, but maybe I can do them from scratch? It might be a shocker, but I can try!