Monday, August 24, 2009

Sneaky little boy..

I wonder if Lucas can read. A few days ago I got out one of his old books (I Love You Sun, I Love You Moon) for Gwendolyn. Lucas never really liked it, so we haven't read it very many times. And I've only read it to Gwendolyn a few times since getting it out. Lucas picked it up and read it word for word to me and Gwendolyn. Huh. It's a pretty long book. But it is repetitive. Maybe he memorized it just by hearing it a few times? Either way, I was so impressed! I know that Lucas has been able to recognize some words for a few months now ('baby' and a few others that I can't remember right now). And we have been doing a little bit more with phonics these days since he is so interested in reading. I wonder if it just clicked? Or if he just has a really good memory. The obvious solution would be to ask Lucas. But he usually pretends he isn't able to do things that is able to. (he likes to be babied like Gwendolyn..) For now, I have been taking turn reading books with him :) I read one, he reads one. He LOVES reading to me and Gwendolyn - it's so sweet!!

No comments: