Sunday, August 16, 2009

Peeling oranges

























Lucas has been more and more involved in food preparation lately. He loves helping get meals ready. Yesterday he was standing around while I was making lunch, so I asked him to pull up a chair and help me peel an orange. I didn't really expect him to be able to do it, I just thought it would keep him happily busy for a few minutes. Much to my surprise, he peeled the orange perfectly by himself. Then he asked me for a bowl and broke all of the slices apart and put them in the bowl. Wow!
He enjoyed it so much, I set him out four oranges to peel for lunch today. He was thrilled and so proud that he was able to help prepare our meal :)




Photobucket

2 comments:

Susana said...

Those are clementines aren't they? We've been devouring those this past week--I had 3 today myself:-).

Thank you so much for sharing these two fun ideas you shared the past two weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Lucas is great at meal preperation!
He really knows hoe to peel and prepare those
oranges! This is great:} Bet you had a yummy fruit snack, Chan!
Love ya,
Mom