Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Peaceful times

This morning we woke up and made apple pancakes with banana cinnamon sauce. YUM! Then we went to the Splash Pad and had a great time playing with friends. We came home and made a mysterious lunch out of all of the leftovers we have sitting around (pitas stuffed with cucumbers, sprouts and olives aren't as good as they sound. and they don't even sound very good..) Gwendolyn is napping. Lucas and Tim are out in the yard doing manly chores. Lucas even insisted that he needed to wear deodorant :) And here I sit on the couch. I'm thinking about all of the chores that need to get done. But, really, they can wait. It's so nice to sit and enjoy the quiet that this house so rarely hears. So here I sit :) And instead of worrying about chores that need to be done, I'm going to think about just how great my kids are. And just how great my husband is. Because they are great. And that's the sort of thing that deserves thinking about.

No comments: