Saturday, August 15, 2009

The little things in life

I FINALLY found a way to carry Gwendolyn in a carrier!!! I am so excited!!!It's been a battle with her since she was tiny. She tolerated being carried in an Ergo in front until she was two months or so. Then she just wailed and scratched whenever I put her on. So I started carrying her in a pouch sling facing out. She loved it. She outgrew it. We moved on to a ring sling in any position imaginable. She hated them all. I started wrapping her facing out in a front cross carry. Is was bliss. Until She outgrew it. I tried the Ergo again with a back carry. It was a joke. She was already nine months or so by this point and HEAVY. I was desperate for a carrier! So we went to a baby resale shop and got a cheapy Snugli carrier out of desperation. I thought she might enjoy facing out on the front. I don't know why this didn't occur to me sooner (maybe because she was more than old enough for a back carry?). She loved it! Bliss! Then.. I couldn't wear on the front anymore because I was too pregnant and wearing her made me have bad contractions. I tried the Ergo and the ring sling again. It was almost funny to think it would work. I thought I was out of options.. until last week. When I remembered that the cheapy Snugli carrier could be used for a back carry. I tried it out and Gwendolyn tolerated it!! WOOHOO!!! We've used it a few more times since and she doesn't love it. But she tolerates it. Good enough for me! And it doesn't make me have contractions! Finally a way to carry Gwendolyn!!! My hope is that she will eventually get used to being carried in a carrier and come to like it. And maybe, just maybe willingly be carried in an Ergo (by far my favorite carrier. and the only one that Tim will use). For now, I'm thrilled to pieces that I can carry her all day and have my achingly tired arms free :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have a gerry carrier if you want to try it.