Monday, October 19, 2009

Exercise

I just saw Susana's post over at My Family My Forever about exercise.
So I thought I would come write about my exercise routine and link up :)
I have been doing Yin yoga for the last six months or so.
I normally do the hip stretches every day. It really helps with the hip pain from laying on my side all of the time. And it's supposed to make labor easier, which is a big plus!
Tho I tend to slack a little bit about doing other stretches - I only remember when I get so stiff I can hardly move. Usually once or twice a week.
The kids often do yoga with me :) In Yin yoga, you hold each pose for several minutes - Gwendolyn loves climbing on me, especially for Butterfly - she lays on top of my legs and looks up at me. It is so sweet! Lucas actually imitates almost all of the poses. Tho he gets bored with each one after 20 seconds or so.
This has been such a great form of exercise for this pregnancy. I've been mostly on bedrest the entire time. And this is one of the few things I can do that doesn't make anything worse :)
But now that I am finally full term, I can start walking again! The kids and I normally walk at least three or four miles a day and we all love it - I can't wait to start again!

2 comments:

Susana said...

I have never gotten into yoga, but have always wanted too.

Good luck with walking too, and much luck with your delivery coming up quickly! I hope you have a healthy delivery and baby, and quick recovery for both of you!

Thank you so much for linking up today!

Unknown said...

It's great when the kids get involved, too. You are setting a great example. Good luck!