Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today










Gwendolyn is starting to be mobile. But she's really good at pretending that she isn't mobile. She sits in one place when you watch her and whines for toys. But when no one is looking, she flops over, scuttles a little, grabs whatever she wants, and sits back up - toy in hand.
I set her down while I was changing Lucas's diaper, so I wasn't watching her for a few minutes. She was quiet as could be. When I turned around, I found a Gwendolyn standing up on the cooler (that Lucas had previously packed with every toy he could jam in there). Baby can STAND!!!!!
And Lucas is just working at his art table. He does love doing projects :)
We have been playing outside ALOT lately, enjoying the warm weather. We went to the park today and walked around downtown Dixon. And of course played in the backyard for hours :) The kids are soooo happy being able to play outside all day. A few days ago I brought some playdough outside for Lucas to play with - he was delighted. I don't think he even realized that it could be played with outside (or anywhere other than his art table :) )
(and see the hugely messy house in the background of the pictures? It can be attributed to us spending all day, every day outside. It just never seems to occur to me to come in and clean when we could be outside...)

No comments: