Monday, May 25, 2009

My rain dance

I have a very special rain dance of my own. Hanging laundry on the line. Every stinking time I take a load out and hang it up, it rains. Like clockwork. If it looks like rain in the morning and I don't hang laundry, the day will magically clear up and be bright and sunny. I hung a load of laundry out today. Clothes that I REALLY need dry. It looks like monsoon weather... Eesh. I swear farmers could plant their crops by my hanging laundry on the line.
We went to the park early this morning (to avoid the inevitable rain....) and had a lot of fun. It was a different one than usual. We only go to the Wooden Wonderland park every day because there are usually lots of kids there. There wasn't one lone kid there today. So we went to a park I like better that I've never seen another kid at. Even tho it's across a parking lot from baseball fields... It's really nice and fenced in, so no one (LUCAS) can escape. And the equipment is all Lucas friendly, so he can roam free while Gwendolyn can wander around on her own merry way. The Wooden Wonderland park is so big that I can't let Gwendolyn wander around because we have to chase Lucas because you can't just sit in one place and see the whole playground area. It's actually a really nice park. For older kids. Not for two toddlers...
Lucas is actually taking a nap today. I was going to mow the lawn with him while Gwendolyn napped. (go figure..) Our lawn looks like it could swallow Gwendolyn whole. I wanted to mow it before it rained and grew more and our lawnmower just laughed at it. Ahem. Yeah, it's that long. I think we must have lawn on steroids or something for how quickly it grows. Oh right, I was going somewhere with that - despite my best efforts, I can't seem to figure out a way to mow the lawn with both kids. I really don't like them sitting on the ground when we mow because I think something is going to go flying and hit them in the face or something (yes, I might be slightly paranoid) With just Lucas, I can wear him on my back so he's pretty shielded from any lawnmower malfunctions.. And I can't leave them both inside napping. Lucas has a tendency to wake up and if I'm not around to deter him, he goes and wakes Gwendolyn up.. So how do you do it??
Hmm.. I think that's more than enough ramblings for one day.
No, wait. One more. I am totally coveting a digital SLR these days. I was sooo not convinced about digital when we got our digital point and shoot. But I love it now! Oh, how I miss my film SLR, tho. I want to take a cool picture of a bubble with a vari-cross filter (guess where I heard about that one) But that's soooo not happening with my point and shoot. And it turns out it gets kind of expensive to develop ALOT of film.
That's REALLY all for now.

No comments: