Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas shopping

(This picture doesn't really have anything to do with the post. It's just a cute picture of my happy boy. Sure, I have new pictures that I could put up. But who knows where my camera is? So, for today, a sweet if unrelated picture.)

Today we went out shopping. Me and the boy :) And we found some awesome Christmas presents. All for Lucas, of course. We'll see if I actually make it to Christmas to give him all of his presents. Probably not. Anyways, we got a set of wooden bowls (like soup bowls, but wood..) that are going to be great for leaving out with snacks in them. I always think he's going to break the glass bowls that I leave out, even though they're supposed to be unbreakable. So this is a perfect solution!!He can happily enjoy snacks in a bowl AND won't break my new dishes :) It just doesn't get much better than that! And a spiffy braided wool rug. It's red, white and blue and only about two or three feet across. Just because Lucas likes rugs. :) Maybe it will have a purpose when he's older (a cozy spot to sit and read?) But for now it's just something to pick up and carry around and lay on and put stuff on and put stuff under. It's so fun to watch him explore and play. It's amazing how he can play with one little simple thing for ages and be entranced by it. His new favorite game is carrying around things from the recycling bin (cardboard boxes, water jugs) and dropping cheerios in :)